Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Introducing Tommy!

It's been a while since I posted as it's been quite hectic here!

Mike went for an audition for a part in a play that, if he got it, would mean he was away from home during the week for 7 weeks. He asked me if I'd mind and I said I wouldn't if I had a puppy to take mind off it. To cut a long story short, Mike got the part and I got the puppy!!!

Tommy or Tom Traubert's Blues (his registered name) is a standard Wire Haired Dachshund and he is just adorable! I can't believe how well and easily he's fitted in with the other dogs and with my routine.

Flora, Meg and Ben just seemed to accept him as part of our pack straight away. Flora seems to really like him, Meg tolerates him with good grace and Ben plays with him, which is a little scary at times given the size difference! Tommy is very affectionate and loves EVERYONE!

He sleeps in his crate at night (the only time he's shut in it) without a murmur and is always still in his bed when I get up. He has his breakfast and a bit of a play then goes back to sleep in the kitchen with Flora while I go out and feed, turn out and start mucking out. I go back in at 11 for a tea break which wakes him up and he comes out with me afterwards to help finish the mucking out and tear around with the other dogs.

Then we go back in for lunch and he sleeps until I get finished and come in to get his dinner. He does cause havoc in the evenings when I forget to keep an eye on him, as can be seen in one of the photos! We all go out together last thing to give the horses more haylage. I put him on a lead then as he doesn't show up very well in the dark, and it gives him some lead training.

He's had all his injections now so I'll be able to take him out for some adventures soon and I'd like to join a puppy training class soon.




















No comments:

Post a Comment












Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a clicker training addict and there is no cure - thank goodness!!!